Thread: Scan-Speak Illuminator D3004/602000 Tweeter

1. Back To Top    #1

Scan-Speak Illuminator D3004/602000 Tweeter

I just finished up testing the ScanSpeak D3004/602000 Tweeter. This is the second test I've done on this tweeter, and the explanation is given in the review.

Review can be found here:
    http://medleysmusings.com/d3004602000/

Read through the bottom for some cool comparison testing between this tweeter and the Gladen 28mm tweeter.

PS: If you would like to help me keep up funds for testing additional drivers, there’s a little ‘contribute’ button that goes through Paypal all the way at the bottom of every page. Any little bit helps.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Re: Scan-Speak Illuminator D3004/602000 Tweeter

Is that a slight hiccup in the impedance curve around 14-15Khz? Seems to translate to FR as well.

Thanks as always for taking the time to measure and provide the data, brother!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Scan-Speak Illuminator D3004/602000 Tweeter

I'm not seeing it. sometimes the resolution of the graph isn't that high, so I'll look when I get home in zoomed mode.

regarding your comment on the site, I agree. Though the response isn't flat, the cool thing is you have enough sensitivity on the high end to use DSP to smooth it out and still maintain 85dB sensitivity with extremely low distortion down to 1.5khz, and the ability to cross as low as 2500hz without worry (as I'm currently doing). Of course, without DSP, I'd err to a driver that is flatter out of the box, so to speak.