come on up, man.

2. Back To Top    #32
    Real Name
    Bob
    Vehicle
    2007 Exploder XLT

Re: HT Overhaul: JBL Pro Cinema L/C/R Build

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Nice job, I need to get up there to check it out...but I demand to be fed also
    oh snap! Al wants a tossed salad

Erin, Great job man. That looks
    Follow me on Instagram at #bobditts

3. Back To Top    #33

update time...

I finally built my acoustic panels/posters. I followed the guide on AVSforum and got some help from a member there with sizing the images I wanted to use.
    Each 'poster' is 24x36".
    For those curious, I'd estimate I have about $50 in each panel (counting wood, fabric print, and roxul rockboard 60).

I know the designs aren't everyone's cup of tea, but so be it. I'm digging the Nightmare Before Christmas poster the most.

Here's the roxul in the frames.

And here's the acoustic panel/posters:

Toward the back of the room (first ones you get to on each side when you walk in) are traditional movie posters. I paid a bit of a premium for each because they are both limited edition but I love 'em. When I saw the Ivan Drago one I nearly fell out of my chair. I had to track down the artist to get one of the last four he had remaining.

4. Back To Top    #34
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

That's awesome! So, are the posters printed on acoustically transparent cloth?

5. Back To Top    #35

yea. it's the "performance knit" sold by spoonflower.com.

the thread on avs really details it quite well:
    http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...els-cheap.html

6. Back To Top    #36

How's your Sony HW40ES with some lights in your room?

There not in the same price bracket but I'm wondering if I shoul go with the BenQ HT3050 or this Sony even though I don't have light control. My wife wants me to buy a projector where she would be able to watch TV during the day too.

Kelvin

7. Back To Top    #37

with the 4 can lights on wide open there is still plenty of brightness. but keep in mind that has a lot to do with the gain of the screen as well. still, for an acoustically transparent screen, you're losing gain off the bat. estimates say my setup is around 0.8-0.85 gain. and it's plenty enough to watch TV with family over and keep the lights on.

8. Back To Top    #38

cool update... especially for those of you in to video games (which I haven't been in to since the PS1)...

I had some in-laws over tonight and told my 10 year old nephew to bring his Xbox One over with and I'd hook it up in the HT. He brought Star Wars Battlefront and Madden '15. Madden blew me away... it looked so freaking real. Loooooong way from Tecmo Bowl on the NES. haha.

Here's a few cell phone pictures to illustrate the coolness!

9. Back To Top    #39

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    with the 4 can lights on wide open there is still plenty of brightness. but keep in mind that has a lot to do with the gain of the screen as well. still, for an acoustically transparent screen, you're losing gain off the bat. estimates say my setup is around 0.8-0.85 gain. and it's plenty enough to watch TV with family over and keep the lights on.
    Crap... Doesn't help me in my choice lol...

In order to have a quiet projector, I need to spend a bit more than $1,000
    Only the Sony and the Panny are quiet quiet @ 21dB

I've been trying to find infos on Ambient Light Rejecting screens but apparently, it's not a good idea to go cheap - for most good ones, it's around $1,500-$2,200 for a 110" screen
    WAY TOO MUCH for my blood

Kelvin

10. Back To Top    #40
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

How can a screen have gain? Noob question but I can't see how it can amplify light unless gain is specified over a baseline of an already more lossy material.