Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone recommendations?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Phone recommendations?

I am in the market for a new phone, a smart phone more specifically, because there are basically no regular phones left. I am with Verizon.

I am looking at the iPhone 5c and the Samsung Galaxy S4. 5c is free S4 is $49.99. My wife has had 2 iPhones and I have been using the iPod touch for years now.
    I am leaning towards and have almost completely made up my mind to get the 5c but i wanted to hear what others have to say from their experience?
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Phone recommendations?

I have to vote for the ol ohone! My galaxy note 3 is frickin awesome. Being there is now a new one out, I'm sure the 3 is gonna drop in price. The big screen spoils you instantly, and any other phone feels tiny in your hands, and leaves you squinting to read. The reason I could never do the apple phone thing is the lack of support for any additional memory, the memory card in my note makes it an excellent storage medium for music and pictures. So add the big screen samsung into your research. The awkward feel of its hugeness wears off quickly, but the excellent oversized display never gets old.......

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

How does that phone fit in your pocket?
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

4. Back To Top    #4

I prefer Apple devices simply because of compatibility and 3rd party support. Cannot beat it.
    Build log: 2011 Chevrolet Impala
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370
    Ground Zero GZHA 4200XII & 2400XII

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

5. Back To Top    #5

She rides in a holster....like this... http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G7U...prL&ref=plSrch

Pocket carry is ohone abuse in my opinion. Since switching to one of these years ago with my first smartphone, all my phones have looked brand new at replacement time.

6. Back To Top    #6

Oh....and for the iPhone peoples.....where ya gonna put this? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M55...=AC_SY200_QL40

....oh yea.....apple doesent allow you to expand yer storage. .......

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

I recently switched from an iPhone to an S5 and could not be happier, my son also just switched.

My kid is... well.. a kid, he likes the screen and shit like that. I use the hell out of a phone as a productivity tool and have to say that the S5 smokes my iPhone for things like that. The apps are just more geared for moving data between each other, etc. The learning curve is a bit steeper.

We had 3 iPhones fail in 2 years in the house and not from abuse. I DO have my S5 in a pelican case, and yes it is big. It is the first phone I have pocketed but I wear different pants than most and re-arranged my pocket scheme so it is alone in it's own pocket.

You mention the iPod touch, how much money do you have wrapped up in media and apps? That's a killer right there, I had an android tablet so it was not that big of a bite for me. The wife stuck with apple for this reason.

I was happy with the move, others have legitimate reasons to stay with apple and I understand that. I really don't have a crushing loyalty as others do until it starts to cramp my style, in 4 years I may be back to apple, who knows?

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Bob
    Vehicle
    2007 Exploder XLT

I have the droid razr HD with verizon and love it. My mom has the larger version and has no complaints. My wife has the smallest one and likes it as well. Battery life with the HD is multiple times better than my last smart phone which was a samsung.
    Follow me on Instagram at #bobditts

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    You mention the iPod touch, how much money do you have wrapped up in media and apps? That's a killer right there, I had an android tablet so it was not that big of a bite for me. The wife stuck with apple for this reason.

I was happy with the move, others have legitimate reasons to stay with apple and I understand that. I really don't have a crushing loyalty as others do until it starts to cramp my style, in 4 years I may be back to apple, who knows?
    I have no money tied up in apps and I only have about 11 songs that I've purchased through iTunes. The rest is from my own cds that I've ripped. I need to look through both app stores to see which has the most that will help me.
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

VERY comparable, I only have one on my iphone I wish I had but with android it won't make much difference anyway as it's an audio app that requires the mic to be somewhat calibrated, that's one thing that you don't get, a calibrated ic ability, that I know of.