Thread: Linking to Zapco DSP

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2013 Lexus CT200H

Linking to Zapco DSP

Would you happen to know if the DPN address' have changed; meaning, are the address' in the manual still current for addressing other devices within the chain. I'm using a DRC-SL as my method of communicating with the DSP, however, I continue to see "no devices" on the LCD. Also, considering that I have C2K amplifiers, which do not contain dip switches, do I only address the DSP along with the controller, and if so, how do I do that? Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Zapco DSP6

I had this issue when hooking up my DC amps not long ago for testing, turned out to be a firmware issue. Zapco still has the downloads available from their Tech page on the website. They provide the directions with that download on how to flash the device to that version. DRC-SL worked perfectly after that.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    2013 Lexus CT200H

I'm kind of stuck when I comes to being able to update the firmware because I have a mac book. I guess I could go out and purchase a used Microsoft machine. By the way, thanks for the info.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

I hope it's the same issue. Had the same message displayed on the DRC-SL though. Wasn't difficult at all, considering. It was easy as hooking up the amp via USB to the laptop, flipping one of the assignment switches (think it was the number 5 which puts the DSP into update mode), and then running the program.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Vehicle
    2013 Lexus CT200H

"It was easy as hooking up the amp via USB to the laptop, flipping one of the assignment switches (think it was the number 5 which puts the DSP into update mode), and then running the program".
    Considering I can't update the firmware because I have a Mac, is there a way for me to get into my processor through the dip switches? Although I do not want to spend any funds for a laptop, I guess I could keep it specifically for learning how to tune my system; not to mention, I guess I could now learn how to use the bass box pro program that I bought like six years ago.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Unregistered

Re: Linking to Zapco DSP

If you have firmware that's off on one piece of equipment it screws the whole chain up. I would see if can get in the amps by laptop . If you can then you know it's the controller.